Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ray Kelly, Ghetto Superstar

Ray Kelly would have you believe that black men trade knuckle handshakes (terrorist fist jabs, for you Fox News fans) with him in the streets of Harlem. After the NYPD stopped a higher number of black men than are black men in NYC, it's understandable why they love Ray Kelly. It's just like that scene in Ali, when he's jogging through the village and comes across the mural of him on the wall. The feeling of admiration must be as overwhelming for Ray Kelly in Harlem as it was for Ali in Africa. I can hear the community members now:

"Thank you so much for violating my civil liberties!"

"Mr. Kelly, when the NYPD officer stopped and frisked me because I was walking with a practiced swagger, I learned a valuable lesson in personal freedoms- they're theoretical. Thanks so much."

"YOOOO. What's good Ray-Ray? Can I get a picture with the guy who overseas a police force that systemically targets people of color, using laws written with race neutral language that hide the true agenda of caging and branding poor minorities?"

Mr. Commish, I hope the impact of the door hitting your ass on the way out is loud enough that Harlem can hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment